Πτυχίο Τριτοβάθμιας Εκπαίδευσης:Εθνικό και Καποδιστριακό Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών
Τμήμα:Αγγλικής Γλώσσας και Φιλολογίας
Μεταπτυχιακός – Διδακτορικός Τίτλος Σπουδών:
MA in Translation Studies, University of Birmingham
Multimedia ELT Editor/ Coordinator- Express Publishing Greece
Main Duties: Proofread, edit and improve IWB and ieBook applications, create assets and monitor projects, meet deadlines, coordinate digital publishing cycle and manage content areas.
- Knockhundred Translations
Freelance Translator – Interpreter
- “Global Voices”, Consecutive interpretation
- PROLEPSIS-Institute of Preventive Medicine Environmental and Occupational Health
- “Animartists”, online magazine
- “FusionDictionary” , IT projects
- “ΕΚΠΟΙΖΩ”, NGO
Main duties: Translate, proofread, draft and edit texts and files of various formats following a variety of requirements.
Developed strong time management and organizational skills, attention to detail.
- A thesis, extended translation project for the University of Birmingham. Translation and extended commentary of the legal text “Competition in liner and tramp maritime transport services: uniform regulation, divergent application?”
Developed strong research skills, professional skills in written and verbal communication, as well as the ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- IELTS UKVI + Life Skills Exam invigilator, British Council.
Main duties: Ensure the conduct of exams, for UK visa and immigration, according to the relevant UK exam board and British Council requirements. Administer, invigilate and supervise candidates sitting for IELTS administered by British Council Examinations, ensuring that exams are held according to the relevant British Council requirements and code of conduct.
- University of Birmingham, exam invigilator
Graduate Trainee English teacher at ‘Central’ Ilioupolis, private English language school.
Main duties: Teaching assistant, assistance in curriculum development and delivery, classroom management, student assessment, syllabus design.
- ‘Saita Publications’, Translator and proofreader of a project on literary translation for children, “ Moira the moon fairy”
- Translation of M.A thesis of postgraduate students from the Hellenic Open University major in linguistics and education.
- Translation of medical articles for medical students from the University of Patras. Indicative project titles: “Coming to terms with fear”, “Sex differences and Chronic Stress Effects on the Neural Circuitry Underlying Fear Conditioning and Extinction”.
Main duties: Translate, proofread and edit the translated texts paying also special attention to illustrations, text formats and any conventions required.
Self –employed English tutor, levels A1-C1 and IELTS.
Main duties: Design, write and utilize lesson plans. Ensure lesson plans are modified depending on different student learning needs. Implement apt instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment to ensure students learn and comprehend quickly. Design and develop instructional activities using data from student learning style assessments. Oversee and manage student behavior in agreement with student handbook. Involve in English Language book, equipment and material selection.
Σεμινάρια - Επιμόρφωση:
- Directorate-General for Translation of the European Commission,
“The Professional status of the translator” (Athens, October 2012). Seminars organized by the private school meta|φραση, Athens , September 2012- 2013.
- Translation as a Profession 2014- 2015: a series of talks organized by the Birmingham Centre for Translation.
- ‘SWATI’ Aston University, March 2015
- How to teach IELTS, Cambridge English Teacher certification
- Understanding IELTS, Future Learn certification
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation, edX certification